Thursday 16 February 2017

Getting Up

A few people have exclaimed that they don't know how I get up in the morning.

José used to jump out of bed in the morning before his alarm went off. I could do with a little bit of that energy. I'm far more inclined to hit the snooze button, then turn off the alarm and still not manage to swing my legs out from under the duvet. I'll even take a little rest whilst I tunnel under said duvet looking for my bed socks (it's very important to find them before I get up).


But as warm and inviting the nightly hideaway is I know I can't stay there forever, it won't make my problems disappear. Having a dog not only means I have to get up but I have to leave the house too. And there isn't a morning when I haven't been glad to be out, breathing the fresh air and watching the seasons change.

I like to vary where we walk so although my working days are limited to the woods near the house, at the weekends I try to go to places less visited. I spend time planning places Bradley will enjoy, which are also places I'll enjoy.

Whether it's somewhere new, or somewhere I have memories, I always feel better having got out of the house. And I can always look forward to climbing back in to bed at the end of the day.

So to answer the question of How do I get up in the morning? It's so I can exhaust myself, ready to collapse back in to delightful sanctuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment